Yeah, just wrapped up my second Android application: Movie Search. It’s just an application that interfaces to the movies database website I posted about previously. It’s a more streamlined interface with organized results and an offline search function perfect for huge stores with poor cellular reception.
So Tuesday night I “finally” wrapped up development on my first Android app, my very own TipCalculator. I uploaded and branched the source, copied the binary to my webpage, created a TipCalculator page on this blog, and downloaded it to my own phone (to make sure that worked). It was all good and well until… I realized that I forgot to fix something after I moved some code around, and now I could no longer delete Tips. Oh boy.
So anywho, more debugging, fixed a couple other issues (my rounding was bad, oops), and finally: TipCalculator version 1.1 was born! You can check out more info if you care to on the TipCalculator page. It’s nothing spiffy, but I figured I can add it to my portfolio if nothing else.
I just created an SVN repository to host my various projects. Right now it only has the source for my lone android application, a tip calculator (unique, I know). There are 1800+ results for Tip Calculator apps in the Google play store, so I doubt I’ll be adding mine to the fray, but the wife can use it and it was a good intro to Java and Android programming.
The SVN repo is here: http://svn.hellwig.us/repo. It’s open for browsing, but I don’t really need any community contributions right now. I’m using eclipse, so the apps are setup as eclipse projects. No apks just yet, working on fixing the last few bugs. I’ll probably create an FTP account to host the actual releases.
Anywho, that’s that.